Seminary Co-op and 57th Street Books
With two locations in the heart of Hyde Park, the Seminary Co-op Bookstores combine selection with accessibility. In case you need assistance, here are some of the routes you can take to get here:
- Take the Red Line to the 55th/Garfield stop, followed by the eastbound #55 bus. For the Seminary Co-op, get off at Woodlawn Ave and walk 3 blocks south. If 57th Street Books is your destination, wait for the Kimbark stop, and walk 2 blocks south.
- The #174 bus also picks up at the Garfield stop on the Red Line, and deposits you 1 block north of the Seminary Co-op and 2 blocks west of 57th Street Books. The bus comes every 15 minutes, so check your schedule.
- Take the Metra to the 57th or 59th St stations. Then follow the map below walking west.
- Take Lake Shore Drive to 57th St and follow the map below:
For those of you already in downtown Chicago, our store in the beautiful Newberry Library is also easy to get to. For a variety of Chicago- and Midwest-themed titles (among others, all handpicked with care to fit the Newberry’s community), along with one of the best card selections in the city, just make your way to the Near North.
- You can take Lake Shore Drive to Chicago, followed by a right on Dearborn (watch those one way streets!).
- Take the Red Line to Clark/Division and walk 2 blocks south along Clark.
- Take the 22 bus north from the Loop directly to the Newberry.
- And of course, cabs are readily available all over downtown.